Here’s a clearer picture of the project I showed you last week, Amna:

IMG_0720

I’ve been taken with the idea of horizontally cabled yokes for a while now, so I decided it was time to get cracking on making a sweater or cardigan featuring one. I haven’t quite managed to completely evaluate the fit, but it seems to be working out. I also posted last week that I was worried about having enough yarn, but I think I’m going to make it…mainly by making this a short sleeved cardigan (which is perfect for my climate!).

I did a preliminary blocking of half the yoke last week to double check my gauge, so you can now really see the difference blocking makes to a piece:

IMG_0721

The left (upper) side is blocked, while the right (lower) side is not. You can see how blocking has smoothed and flattened the piece. The gauge pre- and post-blocking is also substantial, further evidence of the importance of swatching thoroughly before casting on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in amna, cables, cardigans. Bookmark the permalink.